Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Running!

So a few weeks ago my neighbors and I started walking/running a few times a week.  Well we took a little break and they never got back into it :(  I however wanted to continue running and started looking into half marathons.  Last year I had made myself a goal to run a half marathon and that didn't happen.  This year I am in more of a financial position to be able to afford a nice pair of fitted running shoes, Mizuno Women's Wave Nirvana 8  
and some actually good running apparel.  So I have started running again and in mid March will be joining a running group that trains for a half marathon in May.  I am planning on running the Diva Race in San Francisco in May.  It looks like so much fun! If I am going to run 13.1 miles I definitely want someone to hand me a hot pink feather boa and a tiara to wear as I am coming close to the end of my race. Then to top it off I get roses and bubbly at the finish line! So anyways I have been running again and I am training with the couch to 5k training program.  My goal is to be up to 30 minutes steady running by mid March when the running group starts since that is the timing they start at. Today I did week 4 day 3 which is 3 min jog 1 1/2 min walk, 5 min jog 2 1/2 min walk.  Repeat one more time and cool down.  Typically I am going anywhere from 1.75-1.9 miles during this 30 minute run.  Tonight I ran on a treadmill and while I didn't mind it, it was VERY boring.  I have been running 3x/wk so let's hope I run again one more time this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment