Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Not so fun tests...

So this cycle is the cycle where I am doing all the fun infertility tests. I did the cycle day 3 blood work last week and this week I had the HSG ultrasound. My Dr prescribed me an antibiotic to take to prevent any infection from the ultrasound. I started those yesterday and immediately got sick. Ugh there is nothing in the world I hate more than getting sick. I told my Dr no thank you, I will not be continuing these meds. Today I had my HSG and I had NO IDEA what it was. So when they walked me into the a surgical room and started explaining the procedure I was shocked and terrified! In short, they stick a tube up into my uterus and inject a dye to see if there are any blockages. The nurse and Dr said there might be SOME discomfort. F THAT!! I may have a low threshold for pain but that shit hurt! It was very intense cramping that had me crying and being rude to the Dr. Its been about an hour since the procedure and I am feeling much better but boy did that suck.

Another thing that sucked about it was the paperwork. Under my name was reason for referral. Right there is printed text read: INFERTILITY. Ouch. Yeah that hurt.

Oh and before I forget the results showed no blockage :) but that means that something else is to blame for my "Infertility".

Blek!

10 comments:

  1. Sorry Ashley :( These posts break my heart and scare me because I have been hearing so many of these stories lately. Everything will work out! I believe in positivity and I think that everything will end up being okay! Keep moving forward and you will figure out what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariann. It's nice to e able to unload all this out here in blog world :) I'm trying to stay positive, just some days are easier than others.

      Delete
  2. I haven't had an HSG yet so I can't really relate, but yay for no tube blockages! A good first step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HSGs suck! Mine was miserable and so so so painful! Hooray for no blockages though! I'll be thinking of you as you move forward trying to find out what the cause of IF is. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky. It was nice to hear that there aren't any blockages, but like my Dr said that's almost bad news because now they don't know what is causing my IF :(

      Delete
  4. Ok just stumbled across your blog so cute! I'm a new follower! I have to have a hag test done as well. My husband and I are having difficulties getting pregos. I heard this test was painful! :( not looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Katie! How long have you been trying to get pregnant? The test wasn't fun, and it sucked for about 45 minutes after but once I threw a heating pad over my lower stomach and took some ibuprofen (which I know was a bad choice!) I felt alot better. So just remember that the pain will end soon!

      Delete
    2. A year this month. Never thought it would actually take this long. I'll pray for you and your family :)

      Delete