Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Recap

Well we had a busy week over here, apologies for the lack of posts.  Nothing new with TTC still on Provera for 3 more days and then hopefully a new cycle will start.

One good thing that did happen this week was food!  I made a few AMAZING recipes.  Unfortunately they were so good that I didn't even get pictures for them.  One of them was so good that it didn't even make it to bowls, we ate it out of the pot!

Sunday night I made a version of The Pioneer Womans tuscan bean and shrimp soup.  O   M   G! It was soooo goood.  Her recipe is on her page and what I did differently was to add ALOT more crushed red pepper, about 7 more shakes (I don't measure).  Then I had white beans instead of the beans in her recipe. I also double the tomato paste while I cut everything else in half because it's just me, my husband and a few hungry neighbors.  Also I accidently grabbed mustard greens instead of kale... I didn't like that I ended up picking most of it out. And for the shrimp, I just cooked it in the soup for a few minutes before devouring it.  Again, it was SOOOO GGOOOOODDD!

The next meal I made was another Pioneer woman variation, her turkey burger recipe.  I took a package of ground turkey splashed in some Worcestershire sauce, an egg, crushed red pepper (about 3 shakes), salt and pepper.  I cooked those on the george foreman while I made an avocado, goat cheese, cream cheese mixture.  This was yummy but a bit tangy for the Hubs.  I toasted the bagels, spread the avocado cream, picked one large piece of basil and then the meat and mmmmm.  Hubs even asked for leftovers of this one the next day and that does NOT happen.  He doesn't do left overs of anything.

I also made a different variation of the tuscan bean shrimp soup.  Hubs doesn't like shrimp, so he didn't eat any of the soup.  After I had picked out all the shrimp, as a left over dinner I added in shredded chicken and it was like a whole new taste but still delicious!

I am planning on making some more yummy meals this week.  Some kind of egg salad sandwich, chili, and maybe a taco night. Any good recipes that you have that I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment