Thursday, January 13, 2011

Success!

So after taking 2 days off from the gym due to computer problems and a sister who got dumped :( I finally made it back today.  I went in knowing that I was going to be challenging myself by trying to do a 25 minute run! I got started and luckily I was able to get on a good treadmill with a built in fan right in front of the TV.  Even though it took me 15 minutes of slowly riding a sit down bicycle to find a free treadmill I was able to start running right away.  When I was about 10 minutes in this girl gets on the treadmill next to me and she and her friend were chatting SO LOUD!  Then on top of that she starts making call after call and talking very disrespectfully for being in a public place.  Finally she gets off after walking for 15 minutes and I am able to concentrate on my run again.  Then I look at the timer and realize I'm 10 seconds away from 25 minutes!  So thank you to the loud mouth lady who distracted me from the time.  Anyways since I was feeling good at 25 minutes I decided to keep going and see if I could go to 30 minutes.  As 30 minutes came around I was at the point where I knew stopping would hurt more than if I just kept running. But I was starting to get a side cramp so I stopped and felt amazing as I walked away from the gym. I was able to do 2.85 miles in 36 minutes.  I know that I won't be going to the gym tomorrow at all since I'm having a dinner/jewelry party so this makes up for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment