Thursday, January 6, 2011

Couch 2 5k

So I don't think I mentioned last time what training plan I was using to train for the half marathon.  I am beginning with couch 2 5k to get myself up to the bridge to 10k plan.  Since I have been an on and off runner I started in week 5: Day 1 run 5 minutes, walk 3, run 8, walk 3, run 5.  Day 2: run 8, walk 5, run 8. Day 3: run 20 minutes.  Monday I did week 5 day 2, and it did not treat me well at all.

I did realize 1/2 through my run that I could have slowed my pace a bit (from 5.5 to 5.0) and the second 1/2 of my run was much easier.  So today when I started my run I went in thinking I would re-do week 5 day 2 since I had a hard time getting through it Tuesday.  Well when my first 8 minutes were up I felt great.  I was running at a 5 mph pace with an incline of 1.0, and decided to just keep running.  I knew that the week 5 day 3 schedule was for me to run 20 minutes without stopping so I did that.  Then when that was over and I didn't feel like falling over and throwing up I kept going!  I could have gone until 25 minutes, but the 2 high school boys next to me were being high school boys so I decided to start walking until I hit 3 miles. I did this is 42 minutes tonight as opposed to 45 minutes on Tuesday.  So we will see what I can do Saturday morning!

Is anyone else out there training for a race?

No comments:

Post a Comment