Saturday, April 21, 2012

Reveals

For my husband... I didn't know how I would tell him.  All I knew was that I had all day to think about it, he wouldn't get home until almost 5 and I found out at 7am... so I had a while.  I finally decided on telling him that I had a new house project that he needed to start working on RIGHT now. It was an important one and it was a big one.  In my head he would follow me down the hall and as I came up to our storage room I would tell him that we had to turn our storage room into a nursery!  Well it started to go as planned he walked in, I told him about a new project he was expectedly upset about a new project and as I came up to our storage room I said "We need to turn the storage room into a nursery", turned around and he wasn't there!  He had gone into the bathroom and was peeing!  I walked into the bathroom with a look of frustration and he asked "What did you say? Wait, are you PREGNANT?" So my reveal with him went wrong... but that's ok for us :)

For my parents... I had bought shirts for the dogs months ago that said "I'm going to be a big sister" and "Dad got one past the goalie, I'm going to be a big sister"  The plan was to show up at my parents with the dogs wearing those shirts and have my parents read them and tears follow behind.  Well my dad read the shirt that said "Im going to be a big sister"... and didn't react at all.  He forgot it was on the younger dog.  My mom came up to try and get a better look at the shirts but the dogs were going crazy and not sitting still.  So I had to tell my mom what it said and she asked "Well are you trying to tell us something?" I just said "Yea".  Then came the excitement.  Again, not what we expected but still good.

For my sister... I knew that I wanted to make a video montage that went along with the Michael Buble song "I Just Haven't Met You Yet." Luckily I had all day to make the video so it came out pretty good. I told my sister that I had to ask her something really important so I needed to go to her house.  She didn't think anything of it and I got to her house before she did.  As she pulled into the driveway she texted me saying "Are you PREGNANT?" Seriously... was this reveal ruined too??? She walked in and I tried denying it, but she knew.  She still watched the video and cried.  

So that is my story about our reveals gone wrong! We are all unbelievably happy and excited for our little bean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment