Sunday, April 15, 2012

Meet the bean :)

Meet our little bean!  


Pretty much there's nothing to see yet.  At the ultrasound we were able to see the yolk sac and fetal pole (baby), but my Dr. who seemed like she was in such a hurry to rush me out of the room didn't tell me how far along she thought I was! So Dr. Google, who always has plenty of time for me says that I am approx 6 weeks today (4/15/12).  We go back for another ultrasound in a 1 1/2 weeks to have a more in-depth appt (with a different Dr.) that will give me a better idea of how far along I am, and we'll be able to hear the heartbeat! 

This week was ROUGH week.  Morning sickness kicked my ass! Mine is definitely worse in the morning.  I wake up feeling nausea and that's an awful way to start your day.  Some things that have helped me were Sea bands.  These have been a lifesaver.. or so my mind is telling me but who cares as long as it's working!  I wear them constantly now.  Another thing that seems to help is when I wear clothes that are NOT at all constricting on my stomach.  So this weekend I wore a very loose skirt, and a dress.  I had to go buy a larger set of leggings to wear under dresses at work for this week.  A friend of mine (who is about 1 week farther along than I am) also suggested for me to take my pre-natals at night.  I should have waited and introduced each of these things one at a time so that I had a better idea of which one actually does the trick (just the behavior analyst in me screaming to come out ;) as I change them.  But instead I will have to do all three things until they stop working. 

Yesterday I had a mini breakdown, I sat on the couch SOBBING because I looked at my messy house and hated that it looked horrible.  I hated what my pregnancy had made me become... a lazy person who felt so sick she couldn't do anything at all, not even pick up after herself.  It was awful, but the Hubs did pick up the house for me afterwards :)  

So far today I felt pretty good, I was able to eat 2 pop tarts (which is HUGE for me) and 1 cup of macaroni and cheese.  I am suppose to go to pizza later to let some other family members in on our secret... and I'm already dreading being in a restaurant full of those smells and looking at all the different pizzas... yuck!  I'll let you know how it goes.  Hopefully I'll be able to posts these soon... still not sure when that will be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment