Monday, December 10, 2012

Due Date

Well today was suppose to be my due date for Mr. Parker.  And instead I have a 4 week old son! My goodness the past 4 weeks have been tough ones.  I am not one of those sugar coating moms who says that having a newborn has been nothing but perfect.... It has been exhausting! During the day everything is usually seems fine, he is actually a REALLY good baby.  When he is fussy, so far it has been for a reason and that reason is usually hunger.  He took to breastfeeding pretty good, other than pain for me there hasn't been many issues.  He does however like to "play" instead of eat in the middle of the night.. and at 2am that is quite frustrating.  Anytime we have taken him out in public he has been an angel, no crying even if it is WAY past his meal time :) We even took him to dinner with us the other night.. (unexpectedly) and he slept through most of it and then people watched when he was awake.  So needless to say we are very lucky with a good baby that is happy most of the time.  But even with a happy baby it is tiring.  I am still adjusting to being responsible for another persons well being 100%.  I had no idea life would be the way it is right now.  Not that I am complaining, it is just SO different.  The things I think I miss the most are the little things.  Like pillow talk with the Hubs. Parker sleeps in our room right now and if we try to chat before falling asleep (which is a fav. past time of mine) he starts crying... way to ruin a moment.

But then right before he is eating and I am getting myself situated, he just looks so adorable that I forget all about being tired and drained. I have gotten a few smiles out of him and that was a victory for me.  Another thing I LOVE about my kid is that is takes great pictures.  He knows how to sit still and look right at the camera, which makes this photography mommy very happy!

Well I have a hungry boy crying for me, so I will just leave you all with these latest Christmas pics of the little guy ;)







See... ADORABLE! Love those eyes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment