Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2 Months!!!

This update is a little late, but Parker is 2 months old!!

The past 2 weeks have been tough, but are starting to improve.  Parker was diagnosed with acid reflux :( The symptoms he was showing were TONS of spitting up, screaming after spitting up, pulling away while eating and screaming, followed by vigorously eating again, burping and screaming, and just fussiness.  It was tolerable (for me) and then one day it was just awful and I put a call into the Dr. and they started Parker on Zantac.  It was a tiny dose and didn't really make a difference.  It seemed like he was just getting worse, then on Tuesday the 8th he PROJECTILE vomited all his food on me and screamed in pain :( :( It was awful.  I called his pediatrician again and she immediately ordered him an ultrasound to rule out Pyloric Stenosis and had to do bloodwork to make sure he wasn't dehydrated due to his throwing up.  All of this was happening when the Hubs was out of town for work too.  I wished he would have been there so much, it was scary without him. Luckily my parents rock and my Mom stayed the night with me watching Parker and my Dad came to the hospital with me for Parker's ultrasound. Luckily his ultrasound went great and everything looked good.  The Dr. did start him on rice cereal which has helped so much with his spitting up, and they also upped his dose of Zantac.  

Other than the medical stuff....

NAPS: His naps are amazing now, he usually has one LONG 3-4 hour nap a day and a couple 2 hour naps.  If he doesn't get those long naps now, he sleeps horribly too!  So no one is to wake my child, EVER! 

SLEEP: Parker is sleeping better through the night, since we made the switch to his OWN ROOM in his OWN CRIB! I stayed the night on the floor with him for a few nights and he is doing great! 

CHANGES/MILESTONES: He is still being a super happy smily baby, and is starting to reach out to grab for things.  I don't know if it is actually happening or I am just hearing this because I am so tired but it sounds like when he is crying there is actual vocal sounds and not just cries.  He is drooling like crazy!  I have to start putting bibs on him so he doesn't soak his tops.  His favorite things are looking at the brights lights and ceiling fans.  Also he LOVES white noise, and not quiet white noise, but LOUD white noise. He has started to enjoy diaper changes now, that's when we get the most smiles out of him :) He still hates tummy time, but tolerates being on his back.  He doesn't love his bumbo seat yet and does not enjoy when he is pulled from his food to be burped.  He has such a dramatic loud scream and literally throws himself back to the position where he gets fed again. He is just a little piggy!

UP NEXT: We had Parker's two month check up but didn't do his vaccines yet because his appt was an hour late and he was already upset so we are doing that later this week once Daddy is home.  I still have to get his daycare set up... I have no idea what I am going to do as far as daycare goes! We have a couple birthday parties to go to in the next few weeks and that will be Parker's first big public outing other than family!  But (knock on wood) he does great in public!  

So here are some pics of the past two weeks!


My happy boy!

Asleep in his crib.

Tummy time is not his favorite.

Mommy's bed for a few nights. 


Sleeping peacefully in Target. 

At his ultrasound looking at the TV screen

Bruises from his bloodwork :( 

Sleepy boy

Watching the 49ers game with Grandpa


Parker and Daddy getting ready for his two month pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment